Today, February 1, is the first anniversary of 'Our Paleo Month', wherein Maria and I had a go at eating a paleolithic (ie. hunter-gatherer style) diet. After the month was finished, we continued in that vein – not strictly (at all), but nevertheless, it was quite a big change.
These photos are of me on Feb 1 last year and this year.
I was 12st 10 (178lbs) then, and am 10st 13 (153lbs) now.
The important thing to point out is that I wasn't doing this in order to lose weight, but to be healthy. The fact that I have lost over 10% of my weight (without being even vaguely strict or doing any extra exercise) shows me that I wasn't really putting the right things into myself before.
If you want to know how my diet has changed, here are the main points:
– next to no bread, pasta, or wheat-based stuff (beer doesn't count)
– lots of eggs, meat, and other proteins
– lots of fruit and veg (seasonal wherever possible)
– animal fats, not vegetable fats (except olive oil and coconut oil)
– no desserts during the week
And that's about it really. Any questions?